UNO Remix is a variation of UNO that lets you customize the game with your own rules and cards. You can write your own rules on blank cards, add special cards that change the game, and earn star stickers to win.
This game is for 2-10 players, ages 7 and over. Each player gets a score sheet and a remix card. The remix card is blank at the beginning of the game, and you can write your own rule on it with a dry-erase marker.
The game has two decks of cards: the game play deck and the remix deck. The game play deck has the same cards as the classic UNO, plus some new action cards. The remix deck has special cards that can change the game in different ways.
How to Play Uno Remix
Players take turns clockwise. On your turn, you need to play a card that matches the top card of the discard pile by either color or number. You can also play special action cards that can change the course of the game.
Uno Remix Cards
UNO Remix is a remix of the classic matching game that can be customized by any card-playing family or group. Uno remix have a deck of 112 Cards Including Write On Cards and action cards.
Beginning each round, players add special cards or write-on cards, which change the game going forward. They can personalize cards to specific players (such as “Skip to Jeff” or “Draw 2 Maria”), some cards add a mark to increase the amount the next player draws, some block penalty cards, and many more! Any group can create a unique deck for themselves, and when a player has only one card left, they must yell “UNO!” Colors and decorations may vary.
Special Cards: UNO includes special cards with unique effects:
- Skip Card: Skips the next player’s turn.
- Reverse: Reverses the direction of play.
- Draw Two: The next player must draw two cards and forfeit their turn.
- Wild: Allows you to choose the next color to be played.
- Wild Draw Four: Allows you to choose the next color and makes the next player draw four cards while forfeiting their turn.
Uno Remix Cards Meaning
UNO Remix is a remix of the classic matching game that can be customized by any card-playing family or group. Beginning each round, players add special cards or write-on cards, which change the game going forward. They can personalize cards to specific players (such as “Skip to Jeff” or “Draw 2 Maria”), some cards add a mark to increase the amount the next player draws, some block penalty cards, and many more!
Any group can create a unique deck for themselves, and when a player has only one card left, they must yell “UNO!” Colors and decorations may vary.
Uno Remix Rules
- To start the game, shuffle the game play deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Place the rest of the game play deck face down as the draw pile. Turn over the top card of the draw pile and place it face up as the discard pile. Shuffle the remix deck and place it next to the draw pile.
- The first player is usually the one on the dealer’s left, and play follows a clockwise direction. On your turn, you must match the card on top of the discard pile by color, number, or symbol. You can also play a wild card or a wild draw four card to change the color. If you don’t have a matching card, you must draw one from the draw pile. If you can play it, do so. Otherwise, keep it in your hand and end your turn.
- The game play deck has some new action cards that have different effects:
- Swap Hands: Choose another player and swap hands with them.
- Discard All: Choose a color and discard all cards of that color from your hand.
- Wild Draw Color: Choose a color and make the next player draw cards until they get one of that color.
- Wild Swap Hands: Choose a color and another player. Swap hands with them and make them continue your turn with your old hand.
- The remix deck has cards that can change the rules of the game or add new elements. Some examples are:
- Remix Rule: Draw this card and read its rule out loud. It applies to everyone until another remix rule card is drawn.
- Remix Card: Draw this card and add it to your hand. It has a blank space where you can write your own rule with a dry-erase marker. You can play it as an action card on your turn.
- Star Card: Draw this card and keep it face up in front of you. It counts as a point at the end of the round.
- Mystery Card: Draw this card and reveal it to everyone. It has a random effect that can be good or bad for you or another player.
- The round ends when one player has no cards left in their hand. That player is the winner of the round and gets a star sticker to put on their score sheet. The number of points each player scores is equal to the number of star cards they have plus the number of star stickers on their score sheet.
- To start another round, erase all the rules from the remix cards and shuffle them back into the remix deck. Shuffle the game play deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Turn over the top card of each deck to start the discard pile and the remix pile.
- The game ends when one player fills up their score sheet with star stickers or when all players agree to stop playing. The player with the most points is the winner of the game.
Uno Remix Card Order
Uno Remix is a customized version of the classic Uno card game. The Remix deck includes special cards with unique rules, and players can even write their names on certain cards. The order of cards in the Uno Remix deck includes:
- W = Wild + Name
- SK = Skip To
- G = The Giving Card
- AM = Add A Mark
- SH = Shield + Name
- D2 = Draw 2 + Name
- WD4 = Wild Draw 4
Uno Remix Winning
The main goal is to be the first player to play all of your cards. When you have one card left, you need to shout “UNO” to alert other players. If you forget and another player catches you, you usually have to draw two additional cards.
In summary, UNO Remix adds customizable elements to the classic UNO card game while keeping the core gameplay. Players can write on cards, assign penalties to specific people, and introduce new special cards. To win, be the first player out of cards, and don’t forget to yell “UNO” when down to one. While official rules vary between editions, the gameplay generally involves matching numbers, colors, or special cards until one player goes out. UNO Remix allows friends to remix the rules and cards for a unique gameplay experience.
Other Uno Versions
- Uno Blast
- Dirty Uno
- Uno Showdown
- Drunk Uno
- Uno Nothin But Paper
- Uno Extreme
- Uno Harry Potter
- Uno Party
- Uno Deluxe
FAQs Or Q&A
How many cards are in UNO Remix?
The number of cards in UNO Remix varies by edition, but a standard deck has 108 cards.
What are the rules on UNO?
The main UNO rule s are to match numbers or colors to the discard pile, say “UNO” when down to 1 card, and play special cards like Skip, Draw 2, and Wilds.
How does the shield work in UNO?
The shield card protects a player from being affected by the next penalty card played against them. It is then discarded.
Can you make a custom UNO deck?
Yes, UNO Remix allows players to create customized UNO decks by writing on blank cards and establishing new rules.
How many swap cards are there in UNO?
Most UNO decks contain 2 swap cards which allow a player to trade hands with an opponent.
Is there a false UNO rule?
A common false UNO rule is that you can’t play a +4 wild card as your last card. However, there is no rule against this.
Can you stack +2 in UNO?
No, you cannot stack or accumulate +2 cards in standard UNO. Each +2 card just adds 2 for the next player.
What does the Joker card do in Uno?
The Joker is a wild card that can be played anytime, and the player declares the color to continue playing.
Is there a 0 UNO card?
Most standard UNO decks do not contain a 0 card. The cards are numbered 1-9 in each color.
What is the special Mario rule in Uno?
In Super Mario Uno, the player who plays the 1-up card gets to pick up the entire discard pile.