Uno Disney Princess is a special edition of the classic Uno card game that features beautiful images of Disney Princesses like Cinderella, Jasmine, and Tiana. The game is suitable for players 7 years and older, and 2 to 10 players can play it. Here are the basic rules and cards of the game Disney Princess Uno.
Uno Disney Princess Cards
The Disney Princess Uno game deck has 112 cards, including 19 cards of each color, 8 Draw Two cards, 8 Reverse cards, 8 Skip cards, 4 Wild cards, and 4 Power of Friendship cards. They divide the Uno Disney Princess cards into four categories: number cards, action cards, wild cards, and Power of Friendship cards.
Here are the Disney Princess Uno cards rules details for each category:
- Number cards: These are the most common cards in the game. They have a number from 0 to 9 and a color (red, yellow, green, or blue) on them. There are 19 cards of each color, making 76 number cards.
- Action cards: These are special cards that have an effect on the game when played. They have a symbol and a color (red, yellow, green, or blue) on them. There are three types of action cards: Draw Two, Reverse, and Skip. There are two cards of each type and color, making a total of 24 action cards.
- Wild cards: These are powerful cards that can be played on any card. They have a symbol and no color on them. There are two types of wild cards: Wild and Power of Friendship. There are four cards of each type, making a total of 8 wild cards.
- Power of Friendship cards: These are unique wild cards that feature images of Disney Princesses and their friends. They have a symbol and no color on them. They allow other players to discard if they can match the chosen color. There are four different Power of Friendship cards, each with a different princess and friend: Cinderella and Fairy Godmother, Jasmine and Rajah, Tiana and Naveen, and Rapunzel and Pascal.
Uno Disney Princess Rules
To play Uno Disney Princess, you’ll follow the standard Uno rules with Disney Princess rules and gameplay. Here are the fundamental rules:
- Objective: The goal is to be the first player to eliminate all your cards.
- Setup: Uno Disney Princess comes with a deck of 112 cards. Shuffle the deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Place the remaining deck face down as a draw pile and flip the top card to create a discard pile.
- Gameplay: Players take turns in clockwise order. To play a card, it must match the number, color, or character of the top card on the discard pile.
- Special Cards: Uno Disney Princess includes special cards such as Skip, Reverse, Draw Two, and Wild cards. These cards have their usual functions.
- Winning: The first player to play all their cards shouts “Uno!” If an opponent catches them without saying Uno, they must draw two cards. The player who goes out first scores points for the cards left in their opponents’ hands.
How to Play Uno Princes Rules
- We dealt each player 7 cards, and we placed the rest of the deck face down as the draw pile. We turn the top card of the draw pile over to start a discard pile.
- The player to the left of the dealer sets up the game by playing a card that matches the color or number of the top card on the discard pile. For example, if the top card is a red 5, the player can play any red card or any 5 card. If the player has no matching card, they must draw a card from the draw pile. If the drawn card can be played, they may do so; otherwise, they must keep it in their hand.
- There are some special cards that have different effects when played:
- Draw Two: The next player must draw two cards from the draw pile and skip their turn. The card needs to be the same color as the previous card.
- Reverse: The order of play is reversed. If the game was going clockwise, it now goes counterclockwise, and vice versa.
- Skip: The next player in order is skipped and loses their turn. The card needs to be the same color as the previous card.
- Wild: The player who plays this card can choose any color to continue the game. The card has the ability to be played on any card.
- Power of Friendship: This is a special wild card that gives other players a chance to discard if they can match the chosen color.
- The player who plays this card first chooses any colored card from their hand and places it face down in front of them without revealing it to anyone.
- Next, every other player picks a colored card from their hand that they think will match the color of the secret card, and lays it face down in front of them.
- Once everyone is ready, all players reveal their cards. The player who played the Power of Friendship card, along with all the players who correctly matched the color of their secret card, gets to immediately discard that card. If any of those cards are action cards, then do not perform those actions.
- Players who didn’t match the color must put their cards back in their hands. Then the player who played the Power of Friendship card gets to pick the color that resumes play.
- The goal of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all their cards. When a player has only one card left in their hand, they must shout “Uno!” to let everyone know. If they fail to do so and another player catches them before they play their last card, they must draw two cards from the draw pile as a penalty.
- When a player plays their last card, they win the round and score points based on the cards left in their opponents’ hands.
- Number cards have a value equal to their face value, action cards are valued at 20 points, wild cards are valued at 50 points, and Power of Friendship cards are also valued at 50 points.
- The first player to reach 500 points wins the game.
Uno Disney Princes is a classic game of uno matching card game everyone loves to play with the new princess characters like Cinderella and her friends. This game provides the most fun and engaging gameplay with images of favorite Disney princess characters and uno rules. Make sure to check the instruction sheet for any unique rules or special cards in the Uno Disney Princess game.