Monopoly Cheaters Edition is a game that expects lots of laughs as players are encouraged to bend the rules as part of gameplay. The game also features a plastic handcuff unit that chains cheating players to the jail space, and a special die that can help you roll a double or steal some bills from the bank. The game also has some differences from the classic Monopoly, such as having only hotels and no houses, and having bent money that is borrowed from the bank instead of earned.
Monopoly Cheaters Rules
The goal of the game is to be the last player standing by acquiring the most properties and money. The game ends when all properties have been purchased and each player has made it back to Go. Then the player with the most money wins. However, cheating is not a free-for-all. Cheat cards and sneaky Chance and Community Chest cards will tell you when and how to cheat. All other cheating is off limits.
Monopoly Cheaters Edition Setup
To set up the game, follow these steps:
- Shuffle the Chance and Community Chest cards and place them face down on their designated spaces on the board.
- Shuffle the Cheat cards and place them in the bank tray. Draw 5 cards and place them face up on the board, one in each place marked with a cheat symbol.
- Place the title deed cards next to their matching board spaces. Put one hotel on Pentonville Road. It’s free for whoever buys the property.
- Each player chooses a token and places it on Go. Put the dice and handcuffs by the game board.
- Each player gets $1500 in Monopoly money. Keep your money spread out in front of you and not in a stack. Keep the rest of the money in the bank tray. You’ll pass the tray around so that each player has it in front of them on their turn.
Chance Cards From Monopoly
Chance cards are one of the two types of card-drawing spaces in Monopoly. Chance cards are orange and are placed near the Go space. A Chance card is more likely (than a Community Chest card) to move players, often with lethal consequences (especially due to the Advance To Boardwalk card).
In Monopoly Cheaters Edition, Chance cards are also a fun addition to the game, as they can help you cheat or catch other cheaters. Cheat cards are cards that tell you when and how to cheat, such as skipping spaces, stealing money, or avoiding rent.
If you succeed, you get a reward. If you fail, you get a penalty. You can also use Chance cards to complete a cheat, such as moving to a different space, or to expose another player’s cheat, such as making them reveal their money.
How To Play Monopoly Cheaters Edition
To play the cheaters monopoly, follow these cheaters edition monopoly rules:
- Each player rolls both dice. The player with the highest roll goes first. Play then continues clockwise.
- On your turn, roll both dice and move your token the number of spaces shown on the dice. If you land on a property or an action space, follow the instructions on the space. If you land on a corner space, follow the special rules for that space.
- After you move, you have the option to buy the property you landed on, if it is unowned. If you choose not to buy it, the property goes up for auction and any player can bid on it. The highest bidder wins the property and pays the bank the amount they bid. If no one bids on the property, it remains unowned.
- You can also try to cheat on your turn or on another player’s turn, by following the instructions on one of the cheat cards on the board. You can cheat in any of the ways printed on these cards, but you have to do it secretly and without getting caught by the other players.
- If you succeed, you get a reward. If you get caught, you get a penalty. You can only cheat once per card, and you can’t cheat if there are no cheat cards on the board.
- You can also use your Chance and Community Chest cards to get ahead or set another player back. These cards can have a variety of effects, such as giving you money, moving you to a different space, or making you pay a fine. You can draw these cards by landing on the corresponding spaces on the board, or by using a cheat card that lets you draw them.
- You can also build hotels on your properties once you own all of the properties in a color group. For example, if you own all three properties in the light blue group, you can build hotels on them.
- You can build up to one hotel per property, and you have to pay the bank the cost of the hotel, which is shown on the title deed card. Building hotels increases the rent you can collect from other players who land on your properties.
- You can also trade properties, money, cards, or hotels with other players, if you both agree. You can trade on your turn or on another player’s turn, but you can’t trade with a player who is in jail. You can also sell properties, money, cards, or hotels to the bank for half their value, if you need money or if you want to get rid of them.
- You can also go to jail for various reasons, such as rolling three doubles in a row, landing on the Go to Jail space, or getting caught cheating. When you go to jail, you have to wear the handcuff unit and move your token to the Jail space.
- You can’t move until you roll a double, pay $50, or use a card to get out. You can try to roll a double once per turn, and if you succeed, you move out of jail and the number of spaces shown on the dice.
- If you fail, you can either pay $50 or stay in jail until your next turn. While in jail, you can still collect rent from your properties, and you can still use cards to get out of jail. However, you can’t buy or sell properties, hotels, or trade with other players.
Winning The Monopoly Cheater Game
The game ends when all properties have been purchased and each player has made it back to Go. Then the player with the most money wins. However, if all players agree, the game can also end after a certain number of rounds or when a player reaches a predetermined amount of money. You can also visit other versions of Monopoly games: Monopoly Mario Bros, Harry Potter Monopoly, Monopoly Junior, Monopoly Go, etc.
How to cheat in Monopoly Cheaters Edition?
To become the ultimate cheater in Monopoly Cheaters Edition, you need to have a good balance of luck, skill, and strategy. You need to use your cheat cards wisely, and avoid getting caught by other players. You also need to use your Chance cards to your advantage, and to foil other players’ plans. You also need to have a good sense of humor and sportsmanship, and enjoy the game and have a good time.
How do you win Monopoly Cheaters Edition?
To win Monopoly Cheaters Edition, you need to be the last player standing by acquiring the most properties and money. The game ends when all properties have been purchased and each player has made it back to Go. Then the player with the most money wins.