The UNO Artiste Series is a special collection of UNO card game that feature the artwork of famous artists. Each deck has 112 cards that are decorated with the unique style and colors of the artist uno cards.
UNO Artiste Series Rules
The deck includes a mini poster of the artist’s work and extra cards that form a larger image when combined. The rules of the game are the same as the classic UNO, but you can also enjoy the beautiful art on the cards. The UNO Artiste Series started in 2019 and showcased artists like Basquiat, Haring, Abney, Fairey, and Murakami.
UNO Artiste Series Cards
UNO Artist cards are not a type of Tarot cards, but a series of UNO card decks that feature the artwork of famous and influential artists.
The artist decorates each deck with their unique style and colors, resulting in 112 cards. The decks have a small poster of the artist’s work and extra cards that make a bigger picture when combined. Some artists featured in the UNO Artiste Series are:
- Jean-Michel Basquiat: An American artist who was known for his graffiti-inspired paintings that expressed social commentary and critique. His deck features his signature motifs such as skulls, crowns, and words.
- Keith Haring: An American artist who was known for his pop art and street art that used simple and colorful shapes and symbols. His deck features iconic images such as dogs, babies, hearts, and dancers.
- Nina Chanel Abney: An American artist who is known for her abstract and colorful paintings that explore themes such as race, gender, politics, and pop culture. Her deck features her geometric and expressive figures and faces.
- Shepard Fairey: An American artist who is known for his graphic design and street art that often has a political or social message. His deck features his famous images such as the Obama “Hope” poster, the “Obey” logo, and the “We The People” series.
- Takashi Murakami: uno artiste series Takashi Murakami is a Japanese artist who is known for his anime and manga-inspired paintings and sculptures that blend traditional and contemporary elements. His deck features cute and whimsical characters such as flowers, mushrooms, and Mr. DOB.
These are some of the meanings and names of the Artiste cards. You can learn more about these artists and their work by visiting their websites or searching online. I hope you enjoy playing with these beautiful and creative cards. 😊
How to Play the UNO Artiste Series
- The objective of the game is to be the initial player to dispose of all your cards.
- Every player begins with seven cards. The remaining cards constitute a draw pile. A single card is flipped over from the draw pile to initiate a discard pile.
- During your turn, you are required to play a card that corresponds to the color, number, or symbol of the topmost card on the discard pile. For instance, if the top card is a red 5, you can play any card that is red or any card that is a 5.
- If you lack a card that matches, you are obliged to draw a card from the draw pile.
- If the drawn card can be played, you can play it. Otherwise, your turn is over.
- There are some special cards that have different effects:
- Wild cards can be played on any card and let you choose the color for the next player.
- Wild Draw Four cards can only be played if you have no other matching cards. They let you choose the color and make the next player draw four cards.
- Pass cards cause the subsequent player to forfeit their turn.
- Invert cards alter the course of the game.
- Draw Two cards make the next player draw two cards.
- When you are down to your final card, you must yell UNO! in a giant way. If you forget to do so and another player catches you, you must draw two cards as a penalty.
- The game is won by the player who first manages to discard all their cards.
The UNO Artiste Series also has some unique features that make it more fun and collectible:
- Each deck features the artwork of a famous artist, such as Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Nina Chanel Abney, Shepard Fairey, or Takashi Murakami.
- Each deck comes with a mini poster of the artist’s work and some extra cards that form a larger image when put together.
- You can enjoy the beautiful art on the cards while playing and learn more about the artist and their impact on society.