Uno Triple Play is a variation of Card Game Uno. It adds up the excitement of the popular card game Uno by allowing players to match and play cards on one of three discard piles. Triple cards allow a player to match and discard up to three cards of the same color or number in one turn.
The Objective of Uno Triple Play
The goal of Uno Triple Play remains to get rid of all your cards by matching numbers or colors. But with three discard piles in play, achieving that goal becomes far trickier. Players must quickly play matches before the discard piles change, while also using special cards to strategically disrupt opponents. Victory goes to the player able to successfully get ride of his cards.
Uno Triple Play Components
The components of the Uno Triple Play include:
- A standard deck of 108 Uno cards (0-9 in 4 colors, special cards)
- Standard number cards from 0 to 9 in 4 colors
- Action cards like Draw 2, Skip, Reverse, and Wild
- Plus Triple Play-exclusive triple number and wild triple cards
- Optional scorepad to track points over multiple games
Uno Triple Play Cards
Uno Triple Play supercharges Uno with triple cards that let you match and discard up to 3 cards of the same color/number at once. This makes for faster gameplay, better strategy with triple cards, and rewards skilled hand management.
There are typically 108 two 112 cards in the Uno Triple Play deck, broken down as follows:
Standard number cards (0-9 in 4 colors): 40 cards
There are 10 number cards in each of the 4 base Uno colors (red, blue, green, yellow) for a total of 40 standard number cards.
Standard action cards: 10-14 cards
This includes cards like Draw 2, Skip, Reverse, and Wild cards. There are typically around 10 to 14 standard action cards on the Uno Triple Play deck.
Triple number cards: 18 cards
The cards are arranged in sets of 3 for each number from 0 to 9, with every card featuring 3 identical numbers in 1 of 4 hues. This amounts to 18 triple number cards.–>
Wild triple cards: 3 cards
There are 3 wild cards that allow you to play 3 cards of any color you choose.
Total cards on deck: 108 to 112 cards
So in summary, the main components that determine the card count for Uno Triple Play are 108 to 112 cards:
- 40 standard number cards (0-9 in 4 colors)
- 10-14 standard action cards
- 18 triple number cards (0 x 3, 1 x 3, etc. in 4 colors)
- 3 wild triple cards
This induces a total deck size varying from around 108 to 112 cards. The situation of triple cards and wild triple cards increases the overall card count compared to a standard Uno deck.
Uno Triple Play Setup
To set up Uno Triple Play Card Game, shuffle the 108-card Uno deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Place the remaining deck face down to form a draw pile. Then flip over the top 3 cards of the draw pile to form the 3 discard piles.
Review that on each turn, players must play a card to match the number, color or special ability of one of the 3 discard piles. If unable to play, they draw from the draw pile until they get a match to play. Wild and Draw Two cards allow players to change the top card of any discard pile.
Other than the additional discard piles, standard Uno rules apply. The first player to play their last card by matching one of the discard piles and following all special card instructions wins!
Here are the basic rules for Uno Triple Play card game:
Uno Triple Play Rules
Shuffle the entire deck and deal 7 cards to each player. Place the remaining deck face down as the draw pile. Flip over the top card of the draw pile to start the discard pile.
On your turn, you can either follow these Uno Triple Play Rules:
- Play one card that matches the color or number of the top discard pile card
- Play up to 3 triple cards of the same color or number
- Play a Wild or Wild Triple card to choose the next color played
If you cannot play a matching card or triple card, you must draw one card from the draw pile and end your turn.
- Action cards like Draw 2, Skip, and Reverse work the same as in standard Uno. Wild and Wild Triple cards allow you to change the color played.
- When playing triple cards, you must play all 3 cards of that triple at the same time. They count as one turn.
- The game continues until a player is able to discard all of their cards by playing matches or action cards.
- When a player plays their last card, they yell “triple UNO!” to indicate they have no cards left.
- The player who successfully discards all of their cards first and yells “Triple UNO!” wins the game.
- The strategy revolves around managing your triple cards effectively. Saving them for big matches of 3 or more cards and combining wild triples with matches are both strong tactics.
- An optional penalty for failing to say “UNO!” before playing your last card is to draw 3 cards.
So in summary of Uno Triple Play Rules, Uno Triple Play card game follows the standard Uno rules but introduces “triple cards” that can be played to match and discard up to 3 cards of the same color or number in one turn. The triple cards increase strategy and speed up gameplay compared to standard Uno.
How to Play Uno Triple Play
Gameplay in Uno Triple Play follows the standard rules of Uno, with a few changes in Uno Triple Play rules due to the extra discard piles:
- On your turn, you must play a card that matches either the number or color of one of the 3 discard piles. Or play a Wild card to change the top card of a discard pile to the color or number of your choice.
- If you cannot play a match, keep drawing from the draw pile until you get a match to play on one of the discard piles. End your turn.
- Special action cards (Draw Two, Reverse, Skip) apply as in normal Uno. They played the next player affected is determined based on the discard pile the card is on.
- When the draw pile runs out, reshuffle the discard piles together to form a new one.
- The first player to play their last card successfully by matching one of the discard piles wins!!
The key twist in Uno Triple Play card game is the option to match and play on any of 3 discard piles. This means players have more possible matches on each turn, but also opens up more avenues for opponents to disrupt them! Choosing a discard pile for your matches and special cards strategically is key. You want to set yourself up for future plays while also inconveniencing opponents.–>
But with so much potential disruption and the discard piles constantly changing, luck plays a significant role. Victory can come down to fortunate draws and play in the final turns. Uno Triple Play generates an exciting blend of strategy and randomness that keeps every round entertaining.
Winning at Uno Triple Play
The first player to play their last card in compliance with the rules wins the game! In the final turns, look for discard piles with few matches left to increase your chances of going out. And use special action cards to eliminate opponents’ options just before your last play.
My Thoughts on Uno Triple Play
Uno Triple Play takes the familiar fun of Uno and amplifies it by adding options and chaos. The extra discard piles mean more possible matches but also more ways for opponents to disrupt your strategy. Victory becomes as much about fortunate luck as skill.
Should You Buy Uno Triple Play?
Uno Triple Play does not require any separate purchase and can be played using a standard Uno deck by following the Triple Play rules. So there is no cost to trying out this chaotic variant with a deck you already own.
I would recommend Uno Triple Play primarily as an occasional shake-up to standard Uno gameplay during more casual, social sessions. For a strategic Uno experience, the classic rules are superior. But when you want to generate extra excitement and laughs around the table, give Uno Triple Play a whirl! You can buy it now from Amazon With Discounts.
Other Uno Versions
Uno comes in many forms, from classic gameplay to niche variants like Uno Minecraft. Three variants are Uno All Wild, which makes most cards wild; Uno Dos, which uses two discard piles; and Uno Triple Play, with three discard piles and extra chaos. Uno Triple Play succeeds as a fun, crazy twist on classic Uno for casual gamers and social gatherings.
What are triple cards?
Triple cards allow a player to match and discard up to three cards of the same color or number in one turn. There are triple number cards (3 of the same number) and wild triple cards.
What is the objective of Uno Triple Play?
The objective remains the same as standard Uno – be the first player to discard all cards in your hand by playing matches or action cards.
How many cards are in Uno Triple Play?
There are typically between 108 and 112 cards in an Uno Triple Play deck, including both standard and triple cards.
What happens when a player yells “Triple Uno!”?
It reveals that the player has no cards left in their hand and is about to win the game if they successfully match the discard pile.
What is a strategy for using wild triple cards?
A good strategy is to save wild triple cards to change the color and match all 3 cards of a triple number card in one turn, clearing more cards from.–>
How many standard Uno cards are in Uno Triple Play?
There are 40 standard number cards (0-9 in 4 colors) and 10-14 standard action cards like Draw 2, Skip, and Reverse.
How many triple cards are in Uno Triple Play?
There are 18 triple number cards (3 of each number 0-9 in 4 colors) and 3 wild triple cards.
How do adding triple cards change gameplay?
Triple cards speed up gameplay by letting players match and discard multiple cards in one turn. They also increase strategy around managing your triple cards effectively.